In today’s economy, everyone is feeling the pinch. Where once marketing and advertising were uncommon among orthopedists, for many today, smart marketing tactics are necessary to achieve the financial goals desired. We have outlined some important methods an orthopedist office can employ to market their practice and expand their patient base.
- Online marketing and social networking:
- One important avenue to consider when your marketing budget is not big is social media. Social media is a great way to increase retention, engage with your patients, and get new patients.
But it is important not to dive head first into social media without a clear strategy. Before you do anything, determine your objectives, pick the social media outlets you want to use, and strategically fashion your messaging to appeal to your target audience. Social media management can be time consuming, so make sure you are ready to give it the attention it deserves.
- Community & Networking:
- Networking isn’t just for businessmen and lawyers anymore. Physicians are starting to realize how networking can be a key source of new patients. Establish yourself as a category expert by hosting educational events and get your face out there. Soon enough, you’ll be what comes to mind when other physicians need to refer someone.
- Market specific services:
- A very important rule in marketing today is to be specific! Consumers are much more likely to buy a product or service from someone who they believe specializes in that service (rather than one who provides a little bit of everything). Tailor specific services to specific audiences. For example, if your office takes personal injury or workers compensation liens, use this as the singular selling point for your office when marketing to the target market for this service. In this case, the target market would be personal injury or workers compensation lawyers. Get featured on websites like Power Liens (http://www.powerliens.com) so that attorneys can find you at the click of a button.